Kerry Curl is a UK based award winning photographic artist working with photography, moving image and exploring installation.
Her practice frequently draws on the influence of the past in today’s world to question the idea of nostalgia, sustainability and consumerism. A firm believer in creativity with purpose, her fashion work aims to start a dialogue about how we consume fashion and what fashion even is. She is a long term champion of vintage and secondhand as a sustainable choice of garment and has long been creating work using these items to put forward this idea to the mainstream. Her portrait work aims to celebrate the wonder of humans, whilst her documentary, observational approach has taken her backstage at fashion weeks to curate a narrative of the shows from a unique perspective.
Kerry's achievements include being awarded winning image status for the British Journal of Photography’s Portrait of Britain in 2017 and 2019. A finalist for the Graduate Fashion Week Fashion Photography Award 2017 and the AOP Student Awards 2017. A list of selected exhibitions, publications and interviews can be seen below.
Experienced in producing shoots from concept to completion, Kerry is extremely comfortable taking a hybrid approach to her role within a shoot, happily combining her photographer skills with stylist, set designer and leading the creative direction. As we move forward in the Covid-19 times this allows Kerry to be confident working within a very small team or even solo.
Currently available to take on commissioned work.
Enquiries or anything else contact email@example.com
- 2020. ENCORE: Time to Think, Shutter Hub exhibition, St Gilles Croix de Vie, France
- 2020. Keep Making and Creating. Norwich University of the Arts digital exhibition
- 2020. Everyday Delight (Stay at Home Edition) Shutterhub digital exhibition
- 2020. Postcards from Great Britain, Shutterhub, Haarlem, The Netherlands.
- 2019. British Journal of Photography, Portrait of Britain, National exhibition/published in the Portrait of Britain book (Hoxton Mini Press)
- 2019. Time to Think, Shutter Hub exhibition at Festival Pil'ours, France
- 2019. Morwenna Farrell SS19 Pop Up/Exhibition, Studio 20, Norwich
- 2019. Amy Ollett X Milk. Photographic images used in an exhibition of Amy's work. East Gallery, Norwich
- 2019. Photographers United, Printspace, London
- 2018. Photograd OPEN, The Cass, London
- 2018. Drag in The Gallery. NUA, Norwich
- 2018. Because We Can! Shutter Hub, Festival Pil'ours, Saint Gilles Croix de Vie, France
- 2018. Graduate Fashion Week, NUA, Truman Brewery, London
- 2017. NEW, NUA, NEWEST (Best of Norwich University of The Arts Graduates from the last 5 years) Norwich
- 2017. AOP Awards, Truman Brewery, London
- 2017. Photography on a Postcard, Printspace, London
- 2017. #91Selects Truman Brewery, London
- 2017. British Journal of Photography, Portrait of Britain, National exhibition.
- 2017. AOP Awards, Mother London, London
- 2017. Free Range Show- Truman Brewery, London
- 2017. Norwich University of the Arts Degree Show (work also used to promote the event)
- 2015. RAW - Undercroft, Norwich
- 2019. British Journal of Photography Portrait of Britain Winner
- 2017. British Journal of Photography Portrait of Britain Winner
- 2017. Graduate Fashion Week Fashion Photographer Award (Finalist)
- 2017. AOP Student Photography Awards (Finalist)
- 2017. Norwich University of the Arts Chancellor's Commendation
- 2020. PhotoGrad - Guest blog post 'Life in Lockdown' series
- 2020. Interview - Queer and The City podcast - "Creativity in confinement"
- 2020 Panel talk speaker 'Can fashion be sustainable?' - a Kate Cooper x We Wear The Trousers event
- 2019. Fashion United - Interview
- 2019. Artist talk - Access to Creative College Norwich
- Selected images on PhotoVogue by Vogue Italia
- 2019. Panel talk speaker. 'Meet Your Maker' Sustainability and Ethics. Sans Pareil X Make Town event.
- 2019. Sans Pareil - Interview
- 2019. ShutterHub - Feature
- 2019. Resident Magazine - Interview
- 2019. BBC Radio Norfolk - Interview
- 2019. British Journal of Photography, Portrait of Britain VOL 2, (Hoxton Mini Press)
- 2019. The Glass Pineapple
- 2019. Judge and artist talk - Norwich University of the Arts 'Beyond The Frame' competition in association with Canon.
- 2019. Fast Forward: Women in Photo Instagram Takeover
- 2018. Storehouse Magazine
- 2018. The Glass Pineapple
- 2018. Photograd Instagram Takeover
- 2018. Artist talk and group crits - Norwich University of the Arts
- 2018. Commissioned by Norwich University of the Arts to photograph the BA (Hons) Fashion Graduate work for the official degree show publication
- 2018. Disorder Magazine
- 2018. Norwich Fashion Week Instagram Takeover
- 2018. Royal Coast Magazine -Interview.
- 2018. Disorder Magazine
- 2018. Guest Lecturer - Norwich University of the Arts
- 2017. Guest Lecturer -Norwich University of the Arts
- 2017. Commissioned artist for the Norwich University of the Arts Official Christmas card
- 2017. British Journal of Photography's Portrait of Britain Success Stories
- 2017. The Glass Pineapple
- 2017. Storehouse Magazine - Interview
- 2017. Resident Magazine - Interview.
- 2017. Photograd Instagram Takeover
- 2017. Norwich Fashion Week Magazine
- 2016. Dash Magazine
- 2016. Deux Hommes Magazine
- 2016. The Glass Pineapple
- 2016. The Rise, The Fall and The Rise by Brix Smith Start (Faber & Faber)
- 2016. Jane Richards - 'Fashion Meets Interiors'
- 2016. Norwich Fashion Week Magazine
- 2014. Resident Magazine X Nic Marcs
- 2014. Resident Magazine X Nina Baker
- 2014-2017 BA (Hons) Photography - First Class
- 2013-2014 City & Guilds Level 3 Digital Photography - Full Distinctions
- 2012-2013 City & Guilds Level 2 Digital Photography - Full Distinctions
- 2003-2004 City & Guilds Level 2 Black and White Photography - Full Distinctions
For commissions, enquiries or anything else contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
+44 (0) 7958471952